Redding: Imus has history of hurtful comments
By Robert "Rob" Redding Jr.
ATLANTA, April 10, 2007, 1:30 p.m. - Irreverent talk radio host Don Imus has had a long history of offensive comments made about black women and others. The following are some of Imus' - who has this week been suspended and will in the future meet with the Rutgers women's basketball team he referred to last week as "some nappy-headed hoes" - most egregious remarks:
1. Gwen Ifill, of PBS, has said he has referred to her as the "cleaning lady " covering the White House. He has denied that comment.
2. He has called former Secretary of State Colin Powell a "weasel".
Story continues below ↓
3. He has called Hispanic presidential contender and New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson a "fat sissy".
4. He has called American Indian and Sen. Ben Nighthorse Campbell of Colorado "the guy from 'F Troop'".
5. Last, he has called the largely black team of the New York Knicks a group of "chest-thumping pimps".
More Redding News Review Exclusives
© RCI 2007. All Rights Reserved.